Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 69
Selection of photographs in the possession of Amos G. Avery taken between the years of 1926-42. The majority of the photographs were taken in the 1930’s. This collection includes 129 unsorted photographs, approximately 75 negatives, and 3 scrapbooks.
The Cold Spring Harbor Banbury Collection consists of manuscripts, transcripts, publisher's gallies, reprints and program notes relating to science-related meetings held at the Banbury Center.
The Dr. Alan Bernheimer Sr. Collection contains reports, topographical maps, announcements, surveys, and publications relevant to the development and natural history of the town of Cold Spring Harbor, New York, including materials regarding Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory and the Cold Spring Harbor Whaling Museum. The Collection also contains reprints, printed materials, and correspondence.
The Sydney Brenner Collection consists of over 300 manuscript boxes of materials documenting the life of Dr. Sydney Brenner, documenting his early years as a student in South Africa, to his work as a scientist and administrator at the Medical Research Council (MRC) and other institutions, to his role in the biotechnology industry in the United Kingdom.
The Clarence G. Campbell Collection documents the career of Clarence G. Campbell, noted eugenicist and first president of the Eugenics Research Association. The collection consists of typescripts or reprints of articles, news clippings, ephemera, and letters.
The Elof Carlson Collection documents the professional career of Dr. Elof Axel Carlson as a university level professor through his retirement to become a writer. Professionally, Dr. Carlson is best known for his biography of Nobel prize winning scientist Dr. Hermann J. Muller. The breadth and scope of the collection range from scientific research and laboratory notebooks to humorous essays on modern society.
This is a collection of blueprints, surveys, drawings and maps, many with handwritten notes. Included are the original blue prints for many buildings at CSHL and topographical depictions grounds in the Village of Laurel Hollow and Nassau County that were leased or owned by the Carnegie Institute of Washington, Brooklyn Institute of Arts and Sciences, Long Island Biological Association and Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory.