Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Audio Visual Collection
The Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Audio Visual Collection consists of Hi-8s, Mini DVs, Audio Cassettes, DVDs and Analog Video Formats (Betacam, Betacam SP, D-3 ½ Digital, Professional Broadcast Video, Telecine), Video Cassettes and 1 inch Type C Helical Video Reels. The recordings are of lab scientists and events at both internal and external locations.
- Creation: 1980-2011
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Some restrictions apply, see Archivist for details. Access is given by appointment only.
Metadata content of this collection, created by CSHL Library & Archives, is released under the CC BY-NC license.
The Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Audio Visual Collection covers events and notable scientific discoveries at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory.
51.5 Linear Feet
The Collection is arranged by media format type.
This Collection was compiled by the Cold Spring Harbor Archivists in cooperation with the Public Affairs Department. Processing took place between March and October 2012.
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Audio Visual Collection
- Finding Aid Prepared by Amy Driscoll. Updated by Stephanie Satalino.
- 2012. Updated 2023.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- This collection was processed with funding provided by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) Basic Processing Grant in 2011.In 2021, select mini-DV, VHS, and One Inch Type C Helical tapes have been digitized and are available for research in person at CSHL Archives with the support of the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR), Recordings at Risk Grant, 2021.